How LED Lights Will Help You Go Green
Are you still wondering about the benefits of LED lighting?
The world as we know it and interact with it today is, unfortunately, unsustainable. With the rapid consumption of oil and our planet’s other natural resources, people are searching for more efficient ways to perform their daily tasks. Let’s face it, we humans don’t do anything in the dark other than sleep; we need light for everything we do!
There are many reasons to go green, but if you find yourself asking whether or not your change can really make a difference in the long run, let us shine a light on the answer for you:
- Compared to traditional lighting technologies, Light-Emitting Diode (LED) products do a more efficient job of saving energy while improving lighting quality and performance.
- LEDs last up to 20 times longer than traditional lighting technologies.
- LEDs consume way less energy than any other light source! LED lights utilize only 2-17 watts of electricity, which is 25%-80% less energy than standard lighting systems.
- The widespread use of LEDs could save about 348 terawatt hours (compared to no LED use) of electricity: This is the equivalent annual electrical output of 44 large electric power plants (1000 megawatts each), and a total savings of more than $30 billion at today’s electricity prices.”
- LEDs contain no mercury, unlike their HID counterparts, whose mercury-laden remnants can seep into our water supply and adversely affect sea life (and those who eat it).
- A U.S. Department of Energy study concluded that switching away from incandescent lights reduces the environmental harm of lighting by three to 10 times. And as leading-edge companies continue to revolutionize the LED industry, LEDs are only getting better. According to the study, by 2017, LED bulbs will have half the impact of today’s LED bulbs and 70 percent less impact than today’s CFLs, which are not expected to change significantly.
- LED lights contain no toxic elements. Most offices currently use fluorescent strip lights which contain noxious chemicals such as mercury. This will contaminate the environment when disposed of in landfill waste & disposal has to be arranged through a registered waste carrier. Switching to LED avoids the cost and time implications required for compliant disposal and helps to protect the environment from further toxic waste.
- LEDs have a better quality of light distribution and focus light in one direction as opposed to other types of lighting which waste energy by emitting light in all directions, often illuminating areas where light isn’t required (such as the ceiling). This means that less LED lights are needed to achieve the same level of brightness given off by fluorescent and incandescent lights. Fewer lights will reduce energy consumption and will therefore be a benefit to the environment.
- LEDs are designed to provide years of low-to-no-maintenance lighting – they last up to six times longer than other types of lights. A longer life span means a lower carbon emission foot print, reducing the requirement for frequent replacements. This results in using fewer lights and hence fewer resources are needed for manufacturing processes, packaging materials and transportation.
Here at Lighting of Tomorrow we strive to transform the way people use energy – We offer efficient, affordable smart lighting solutions that allow our users to sit back and watch their energy bill drop dramatically.
Lighting of Tomorrow is an authorized dealer for the best local, national, and international lighting brands and wholesale quality LED products for commercial and industrial applications. L.O.T. focuses on working with corporate offices, home owner’s associations, condominiums, schools, hotels, car dealerships, hospitals, gas stations, shopping centers, restaurants, public buildings, residential buildings, offices, parks, and commercial facilities around the nation. L.O.T. has built its reputation by helping commercial facilities reduce their energy and maintenance expenditures by 70% or more. We can assist in all aspects of the LED lighting process from working with lighting audits, photo-metric reports, financing, and even installation if needed. We have the experience and knowledge needed to ensure that your LED solution for each application is seamless. We are one of the few companies that can reduce HID lighting by 85% & T8 Fluorescent as much as 75%.
Call us for a free quote | 1 (800) 538-4446
or e-mail us: email@example.com